Saturday, November 1, 2008

Now this is more like it! New job update

First let me say starting a new job at a school, in a K-2nd grade classroom on Halloween is just NUTS! What was I thinking! I think the kids had candy for breakfast, one little boy asked me about a billion times to tie the rope on his costume, another little girl asked the teacher to re-glue her fake eyelashes, stories of bloody, puking, man eating jack-o-lanterns were being told by the boys and you should have seen the pile of candy we sent them home with. It was a nutty day for sure! I don't think I've been that exhausted both physically and mentally since giving birth to LeAnne. It was a miracle in itself that I functioned long enough to get LeAnne to bed.

That being said this is so the kind of job I've been searching for. I felt like I was welcomed into a new family yesterday. Everyone was so nice and thankful I was there.

The young man I will be working with is very cool. I still have not met with the Special Ed teacher that serves the district so I don't know any specifics about his IEP but already have tons of ideas to help him whirling around in my head. From what I have observed he has very limited sight, he has a variety of ticks, and tends to want to hurry through everything if allowed. He is VERY motivated by positive reinforcement and I'll will have to work on gaining his respect for my authority to get his behavior under control. One of the first things I would like to do is help to make his daily schedule the same everyday, help him to know his schedule and give him his own schedule to carry to help him transition through the day better. I would also like to look into getting him some large print books, and larger writing supplies. I think I have found someone special to work with and I look forward to seeing him progress. I have some big challenges ahead of me but it's comforting to know I have a big God to help me!

Knowing that I will be challenged and have the opportunity to make a difference makes it a little easier to leave LeAnne. I pray it gets easier to leave her and we get into a new routine as a family. Saturday was a very busy day in the afternoon, mama got stressed a bit and I have to work on picking my battles.

Oops I forgot to change our clocks back! I just look at the computer and it says 6:25am and I thought it was 7:25am. There went my extra hour of sleep. LOL! On a good note LeAnne is still sleeping. Well since I am not sleeping I'll go make use of this extra time I have. Hee hee

No comments: