Saturday, January 10, 2015

Too Young to be This Old

This is the oldest I have been yet!  At least I am not as old as I will be next year. I am not old. I woke up. I lifted my arms. I moved my knees, I turned my neck.... Everything made the same noise: CRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaAAAAACCCCCCCK!! (Crack) ... I came to the conclusion:  I am not old, I am crispy!  My brother always tells me getting older is better than the alternative which is not getting older. Kinda like the quote do not regret growing older, it's a privilege denied to many.

It's really hard to believe that I am 39 today.  This is my last year in my 30's! Holy Crap how is that possible!?  Where as the time gone?  Turning 30 was rough for me because I wasn't where I wanted to be.  I had hoped to be done having my children by the time I was 30 and due to infertility I had not been able to conceive a child when I turned 30.  God had other plans.  I got pregnant with my daughter when I was 31 and she was born when I was 32.  I gave birth to my son when 37.  So yeah God had other plans.  Today as I turn 39 I am not upset about turning 40 as I was turning 30. I am at a great place in my life.  I have an amazing husband who loves me very much, beautiful children, a nice home in the country, my dream of being a stay at home mom has come true, my mental health has been fairly stable for a long while, (shhhh no comments from the peanut gallery), and I am more comfortable in my own skin.  Now on the flip side I am still battling my weight which leads to health concerns.  I KNOW what has to be done. I just can't seem to do it consistently.  Inside of me is this really hot mama who wants out but this dam stinking thinking keeps her locked up in this unhealthy body.  I wish I knew how to brain wash myself into doing what I need to do to let that hot mama out!

In 356 days I will celebrate my 40th birthday and I want to do something to push myself to live more so I am challenging myself to do 40 things I by the time I am 40.

1.        40 random acts of kindness
2.       Improve my shot grouping (better aim)
3.       Memorize 40 bible verses
4.       Make gifts & take them to Columbia County Police and VA Police to show appreciation
5.       Get the tattoo I have been designing
6.       Lose at least 40 pounds (it’s a start)
7.       Can Fruit cocktail for the kids
8.       Make out at the drive in movie
9.       Read 12 books
10.   Plan our 15th wedding anniversary trip
11.   Go to the ocean
12.   Read the bible in a year
13.   Try Lay’s Wavy Potato Chips Dipped in Chocolate
14.   Go to Leavenworth, WA for Christmas celebration
15.   Find a home church for our family
16.   Conquer my fear of birds by owning chickens
17.   Sing Karaoke
18.   Surprise my husband
19.   Send 40 paper cards or letters to people in my life
20.   Go to a concert with my awesome husband
21.   Go 24 hours without touching my any technology (cell phone, laptop, I-pad)
22.   Complete 40 scrapbook pages
23.   Learn something new
24.   Go out with the girls
25.   Make a scrapbook of Grandma Alice’s clippings I was given
26.   Try a new food
27.   Make pottery with LeAnne
28.   Have pictures taken with my kids
29.   Have dessert for dinner and dinner for dessert
30.   Go on an overnight trip with my brother & sister
31.   Play pool
32.   Host a backyard party
33.   Try a new alcoholic drink
34.   Roast Marshmallows
35.   Do something drastically different with my hair
36.   Spend a whole day relaxing in my PJ’s with my family
37.   Make a pie from scratch (never made my own pie crust)
38.   Organize my house better than it is today & keep it that way

39.   Write a bucket list with my husband of things we want to do together
40. Get more sleep on a consistent basis.

No comments: