Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blessings upon blessings...

I am such a blessed woman! Today was a wonderful day and I just feel the urge to write about it. Let me back up and say yesterday was rough because I have had a nasty cold, LeAnne was an energizer bunny, cranky at times and I was none too happy with my hubby. So Monday I let my feelings/concerns be known to my hubby and Monday night we talked it out. I am so thankful we can both be honest with each other and keep the lines of communication open. These are things that helps us to continue to grow. Neither of us is perfect, our marriage as is our lives continues to be a work in progress and we trust with God at the center of our lives we will continue on in the right direction. Okay I am babbling, back to today. LeAnne was pretty mellow today. She woke up around 5:15am, ate and fell back to sleep by 6am and slept until 8am. This LONG nap gave me the opportunity to shower, straighten up the house, start some laundry, apply for a job and answer some e-mails. Then she was up, ate breakfast cereal and pears, had a bath, played and then went down for another nap. My sister and niece came to visit and I was able to have a nice talk with them while lil one slept. Then she woke up, played and in the afternoon she went down for another nap -- this nap was such a blessing. It gave me peaceful time to make dinner so it could cool enough to go into John's lunch, clean the kitchen, and take the dogs outside for a bit. Oh man the peacefulness was like heaven to my ears. Then she woke up but wasn't ready to get up so since I was so ahead for the day I sat down in the chair with her, covered up with my fave blanket and we napped together for 2 hours. WOW! I feel like a new woman since I don't sleep well with John working nights. Then when John woke up we both enjoyed some time with him before he left for work.

I am so not looking forward to Sunday since I take John to Pasco airport at 3am in the morning so he can catch his flight to Little Rock, Arkansas to attend the Police Academy for 5 weeks. I am gonna miss him so much. He will be home May 24th. I can't believe we will celebrate our 7th wedding anniversary on May 19th. I thank God daily for bringing us together and pray that God will protect our marriage, help us to grow, pray that we will always look to Him for direction and help me to love my husband as God loves him. I am working on notes to put in his suit case and got the mailing address so I can send him pictures since we are not sure he will have Internet access.

Being a mama is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I've ever done in my life. I am so incredibly blessed! There were many times in the last 5 years that I didn't think I would have my own child. Now as this mother's day approaches I have a beautiful 15 year old step-daughter and an amazing 6 month old daughter. I was thinking back this week how scared I was when I found out we were having a girl. Girls are complicated. I am having a blast with LeAnne, I look forward to the bond we will share and I pray God will guide me in raising her to be a beautiful young woman.

Ya know even though we have more challenges ahead of us I know God will not abandon us. He has a perfect plan for our lives. All things are possible with God!! Thanks for reading the babblings of one blessed wife & mama bear!

No comments: