Wednesday, February 23, 2011

1st Ear Infection

  Poor little girl has had a cold for a week then on Sunday night.  She woke up screaming!  Daddy was on his way down the stairs to talk with her because she is known to freak out when one of her stuffed animals is missing from  her bed.  Then I heard her say "my ear hurts" so I got up and we spent a very long miserable night together.  I felt so bad for her because she couldn't get into a comfortable position and just wanted to sleep.  I was dressed and ready to walk out the door to the ER when she fell asleep on the couch.  We could not get into see her regular Dr but saw one of the other Doctors in his office on Monday morning.  One look in her ears revealed bad ear infections in both ears!  The doctor could not believe this was the first time EVER that she had been seen for an illness! We've been blessed with a very healthy little girl.  When I told the Dr she just started preschool, she said yep that will do it.  She said on average kids get 1 cold a month their first year of preschool.  Oh joy! We are now 48hrs into the medication and she feels a lot better.  Unless she doesn't feel well this morning she is going to school today.

For More wordless Wednesday Fun head on over to 5 Minutes for Moms. 

2 comments:

Buckeroomama said...

Oh, poor thing. I hope she gets all better soon. Ear infections are no fun at all!

Unknown said...

Now I am nervous about preschool next year.