Monday, May 4, 2009

A little bit of randomness from mamabear...

Good Morning! It's Monday, the beginning of another work week, I am feeling a bit worn out but full of random thoughts so here goes, randomness from mama bear.

26 1/2 days of school left...
but who's counting, oh just wait until I start counting the hours! 3 months off is going to be so awesome!

Memorial Day is a yes & Summer is a No...
Amanda will be spending Memorial Day weekend with us. We will go down to Oregon Friday the 22nd, and come home Sunday the 24th. It will be nice so nice to see our girl! I am so excited she gets to be with her sister the first time she goes to the zoo. I am happy for her but sad for us that she won't be spending the summer with us. I am happy for her because she is trying to get a job a swim instructor. That will be a fun experience for her. Our girl is growing up. Sniff, sniff...
My dad & Elaine coming for a visit...

Dad & Elaine are going to stay with us on Wednesday night on their way to some place else. He told me but I forgot. It will be a quick visit, not much time together since were all working but it will be great to see them none the less. Hopefully they'll stay a bit longer in Father's day weekend.
LeAnne's 18 month check up
LeAnne had her 18 month check up last Wednesday. She weighs 23 pounds 7 ounces, and is 32 3/4 inches long. She's completely healthy and was NONE to happy to be there. She cried almost the whole time and kept heading for the door. When I asked our Dr about weaning her from the bottle he recommended doing it soon and the best way he's found is just go cold turkey. Take all her bottles away. YIKES! I am going to wait until I am out of school so I can be with her. Her next check up is at 2 years but no more shots until she's 4 years old. Wahooo!!

See my new night gown & my Tonka truck that I love!


Oh so seriously checking out her new Veggie Tales book. She loves to look at books & is getting better about letting me read the stories to her. :-)


The new words are coming quicker now...
LeAnne is now saying; kitty, kitty, oh no (with her oh so serious face), all gone, and she says something that starts with a b when she sees a bird but it's not quite bird. She's trying hard to talk. I need to teach her the sign for milk so I can stop saying "ba, ba" to making weaning easier, I hope...
LeAnne's 1 year scrapbook is...
so close to being completed. I finished her 1st birthday layouts this weekend. I want to do a two page layout with 6 pics on each page, a picture for each of month in her first year. Plus their are a few family pictures I want to scrap and of course what baby book would be complete without a page about her messy days. LOL! The rest of the pictures I will put into a nice photo album and journal next to them. Then it's onto the next year. Geesh I must figure out how to pair down on the pages I scrap because at this rate she'll have 18 scrap books!
Thankful Thursday
will be back this week. I ran outa steam last week. I am always thankful for plenty just didn't get to writing it down last week.

Stellan is home and
doing wonderful! MckMama is happily settling back into her somewhat normal life with her happy meal. I know Prince Charming & the 3 other children must be glad to have mama & brother back home. Stellan wears a heart monitor when he sleeps, McKmama keeps a close eyes and he has daily medications. It seems the trip to Boston was a success! Thank-you for all your prayers! Please keep praying!

My heart aches...
for those facing infertility, the loss of a child, a sick child and/or a hurting relationship. My prayers are with them.

Praying Nathaniel Riley will be home in his mama's arms by Mother's Day...
An very cool mama I met while trying to get pregnant has adopted a beautiful daughter and now they're adding a little boy to the family. They've met a few times, and they're hoping he will be coming home SOON! Praise God!

I LOVE being a mama!
It feels good to say my daughter or our daughter. I am so thankful our lil girl likes to snuggle! I love snuggling with her, kissing her head and smelling her hair. I love her smiles. I love watching her explore the world and I love watching her be adventurous. Being a parent isn't always easy for sure, sometimes my patience wears thin, I am learning I can try to make a plan but all plans are subject to change and I must go with the flow. Sometimes I ponder life before LeAnne, I'll admit I miss some of the freedom & adult time but given the opportunity I wouldn't change a thing. I LOVE being a mama! I look forward to my future as a mama. Is their another baby in our future? That question is yet to be answered. It would be nice for LeAnne to have a sibling, a brother would be way cool, I want to experience pregnancy/child birth once more, but could I handle sleep deprivation when I have to work? Can we afford 2 children? Will we struggle to get pregnant again? All these questions to be answered in His time, not ours!

Well I must get myself ready to walk out the door. Hoping and praying my student isn't too bad today. Monday's can be a struggle. Lucky LeAnne gets to be with daddy for 2 days! I am oh so thankful to have my hubby home the next 2 nights cause I've missed him this weekend! It looks like it is going to be a nice day! Yahooo! I have a mother's day post turning around in my head so we'll see if it gets out. Have a blessed week!

Love ya lots!

Mama Bear


No comments: