Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Family Fun & Christmas crafts

Mama bear didn't have to go to work today because the roads were very icy and just too dangerous for travel. SWEET, an unexpected day at home two of my favorite people! I finished up writing our Christmas note. Now I just need to pick up the photos from Walmart, stuff the envelopes and get them in the mail box. Time for some Christmas crafts with our girl.

The first thing we made was a snowman made using cotton balls. LeAnne loved dipping her cotton ball in glue, the more glue the better, and then putting it on the snow man! She really got into it and he turned our really cute.






The next thing we did was finger paint some pictures I printed out. Oh boy finger painting was messy. LeAnne LOVED it!


Then later on in the day we went outside to play in the snow. Daddy & I built a snow girl. LeAnne had a blast jumping in the puddles of melting snow.




Next daddy pulled LeAnne on her new sled from Auntie Katie. She's not so sure yet what to think of her sled.




It was a blessing to have this day with my family!

9 comments:

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

Looks like all had a wonderful day! Ah, missing the snow...

Stefany said...

Seriously cute! Thanks for reminding me about that sled! I forgot we had one and it will be great for my little girl this year. :)

Jennifer said...

What great memories and crafts!!!

Tina said...

awwww...looks like it was a great day!! love love the craft snowman and the real one too!!
xoxoxo
happy holidays

Muthering Heights said...

What a cute craft! She did a great job! :)

Marie said...

Oh such cute little crafts and I love the way you did the snow man with the cotton balls. I did not think about dipping into the glue and then pasting. I'm going to try this. Thank you so much!!!

Michelle @Flying Giggles said...

What a fun day. I just showed Aiyana and she is in aww that there is snow right in front of your house. She thought that you can only find snow in the mountains. I would love for it to snow here, maybe just a few times, just to experience being able to go outside and have a snowball fight. We have to travel up to the mountains for that.

The video of your daughter is too cute! Aiyana said she wants to do that too!

Thanks for coming by my blog and thanks for including my girls in your prayers. I really do appreciate it!

Country Mouse, City Mouse said...

Have a very Merry Christmas!!

Kathie said...

We have that very same sled. MIL & FIL gave it to DD last year as a Christmas gift. She didnt know what to make of it at first but then LOVED it..even more so this year than last.