Sunday, December 27, 2009

Merry Christmas at the Leonard's

We celebrated Christmas on Christmas Eve this year because John had to work Christmas day. It all worked out fine, it's the way life goes with shift work & the extra pay will be nice. Upon instruction when I heard LeAnne squeaking at 5:40am I woke up Amanda first & then daddy. They wanted to see her reaction when she saw what Santa brought her. She didn't know what to think of her kitchen at first but was loving it in now time. LeAnne was a little more into opening gifts this year. After we finished opening gifts, Amanda promptly went back to sleep on the couch until about noon. Poor girl wasn't feeling so hot. Later that day we had my mom over for Christmas dinner. Oh my word, talk about delicious! Mom & I said a combined prayer at dinner. I got a little swept up in the moment and before I knew it I was crying. :-)After dinner, upon my prompting we all went for a short walk. Then came back to play a few board games. LeAnne watched Mickey's Christmas for the 10th time. She can say Mickey now and keeps asking to watch him.

It was a very wonderful Christmas. Very relaxing! We were so thankful Amanda was able to be here with us. It was a blessing to have our whole family together. Thank-you to all our family for the beautiful gifts!

Then Christmas day after LeAnne had a nap we all headed down to my sister's place. We enjoyed playing Wii Fit with them, ate a yummy dinner, open gifts and enjoyed each others company. I forgot to get my camera out to take pictures. oops!

Christmas Eve Morning before anyone else was awake. Santa's elf did an awesome job of assembling LeAnne's kitchen. :-)


LeAnne & Mama - She was so done wearing a dress but I wanted a picture.


John & Amanda


Amanda - the scarf grandma Marcia made her matched her hat & gloves!


Oh I love to see her beautiful smile!!


LeAnne playing with her kitchen - see the cool bunny her big sis got her, he sings too!





How much can I cram into this oven?


First time she saw her kitchen, she kept taking the pans off and off because they made a boiling and frying noise. :-)


Playing with her My Little Ponies


Merry Christmas Everyone!!! Love the Leonard's







2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and entering the Devotional Book Giveaway. It is a great book.

Together We Save said...

Looks like everyone had a wonderful Christmas.