Sunday, December 13, 2009

Random Babblings from Mama Bear

I should be going to bed but I've got thoughts whirling around in my head and some adorable stories, pictures and videos I want to share.

Snow Fell on Saturday
The snow began to fall Saturday 12/12/09 about 7am so mom & I headed to town early to get our shopping done. LeAnne hung in there with us, cold and all. Poor girl had the worst running nose she's ever had.The snow fell through out the day and we ended up with about 4 inches. I'll admit it's beautiful.

Penguin outfit from Coco Bonbon's
I won this adorable outfit from Mahayla's Mommy blog. LeAnne thought the had would accessorize the outfit well. hee hee! Coco Bonbon has some adorable clothes. I would especially love to get the Heart & Flower Knit Dress w/Stitching, and the matching tights. This rain coat & boots are pretty cute too! Thank-you Mahayla's Mommy & Coco Bonbon for the great win!



Life Lesson learned from LeAnne
I had a blast being at home with our girl on Sunday! I love it when we can spend quality time together. Before her nap around noon she had watched cartoons, eaten 2 dill pickles before breakfast, had a bath, tap danced, played with doo dah (play dough), played in the bubbles, colored with mama and played in the snow. She was feeling much better today. She still has a runny nose and you can just tell at times she is not feeling 100%. Many times today she would run up to me and want to be held. I wasn't happy with myself when I felt myself feeling annoyed. I was busy and wanted to get things done. Then I 'd look into her smiling face and remember it's not all about me anymore. I am a mama, and part of my job as her mama is to be there to hold her when she's not feeling well. I was reminded of a post I wrote December 6, 2007 titled No more stinkin Thinkin. After putting things in perspective I began to Cherish each one of her hugs, take time to rub her back, to talk with her and just enjoy my precious girl. I am a blessed woman! I am a work in progress. It's okay if house work goes undone. It's okay if I don't get through my to do list. The years will fly bye quickly & before I know it our girl will be grown so I intend to slow down and treasure our time together.

Tap Dancing
LeAnne grabbed her tap shoes out of her drawer this morning and to my surprise they fit her!


Winter Wonderland
I bundled LeAnne up in her the snow suit she got from Grandpa Larry & Grandma Elaine and we went outside to play in the snow. She had a lot more fun that last year. She kept saying whoa. She was having a blast until she fell down, her hand got wet and the show as over. If I could only get her to keep gloves on. I can't wait to take her for a ride on her sled.





View down our street


Another Great Blog Win - Cake Mix Cookies Cookbook
I recently won the Member's Only Giveaway at Bless Their Hearts Mom blog. Thank-you Nicole for this great gift package. One of my favorite items was the Cake Mix Magic cook book. I've already made the Quick Peanut butter Chocolate Chips cookies, the Swiss Chocolate Crispies, and the Chocolate softies. What makes these so easy to make is you use a cake mix instead of sugar and flour and soda. They taste very good.

My favorite so far is the Swiss Chocolate Crispies:

1 pkg Chocolate cake mix
1/2 Cup Shortening
1/2 cup Butter
2 eggs
2 Tbls water
3 cups crispy rice cereal divided.

Mix 1 pkg Chocolate cake mix,v1/2 Cup Shortening,1/2 cup Butter, 2 eggs and 2 Tbls water with electric mixer for 2 minutes on low. Then fold in 1 Cup Rice Crispies. Chill for 1 hour. Crush 2 remaining cups of Rice Crispies. Shape dough into 1 inch balls, roll in Rice Crispies and bake at 350 for 11 to 13 minutes. Cook 1 minute on cookie sheet.

I also made another batch of Salt Dough ornaments today. My student and I have 20 more ornaments to make on top of decorating Sugar Cookies for his class mates. OMGosh and we need to make cards for his family members. I think I'd better find a way to incorporate reading, writing and math into these projects. hee hee!

Oh my word I just realized it's almost midnight! Ahhh I have to be up at 4am. I am going to be zombie to say the least. Good night! 6 more days until Amanda arrives! Yahooooooo!!

No comments: