Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Newbie needs experienced moms & teacher's help!

I am a teacher's aide to a 1st grade boy with some special challenges. As ya all know Valentines Day is coming up and I would like to make something special with him to give to his mom, dad, and 2 sets of grandparents (so 4 of the same project). I want something that isn't too challenging but is creative, makes him work his fine motor skills and that his family would LOVE. Keep in mind he has a vision impairment, so bigger and bold is helpful to him.

What was the best Valentines Day gift you received from your elementary school aged child?

I've been going through my scrap booking stash, looking at projects online, and talking to my mom but nothing is really jumping out at me. I am already going to make sugar cookies in the shape of hearts, have him frost them and put conversation hearts on them. These will be given to his classmates.

On a side note; I feel like since becoming a parent I have a severe case of Attention Deficit Disorder or I am just scatter brained. I felt I was pretty organized, task oriented and I was a mad woman when it came to getting things done off a to do list. These days though my thoughts are ALL over the map ALL the time. Watching me clean house would be like watching a clown trying to perform in all 3 circles at a circus! It's wacky. I have so many things I want to do, I have many things started but few completed. Am I alone here? Moms out there, does it get any better? Will the spinning in my head ever slow down?

Well I must be off to work. If I hurry I'll have a few minutes to read my daily guidepost and a bit in my new bible study, which I LOVE, thank-you Auntie Katie! I've just started it but so far I highly recommend is to ALL women. It's called The King's Daughter by Diana Hagee . I'll try to blog about it in more detail. I would love to go to one of the classes.

Have a blessed day! Please comment or e-mail me your ideas ASAP. Thank-you!!!

No comments: