Thursday, June 18, 2009

Thankful for the men in my life

Good morning! This post needs help so I am doing some editing...

I am very thankful for three important men in my life: My dad, My husband & My little brother.

Thank-you Dad for all of your love, support and encouragement over the years. In my adult years I have really appreciated being able to come talk with you because I knew you would just listen and then quietly offer your thoughts. You also make it clear that you believe in me and have confidence in whatever decision I would make. I am very happy you will be here to spend father's day with us this year.

My dear husband I love you more than words can express. One of the very first things that made me think you might be husband material was when I watched you interact with Amanda. You are an amazing father! I know it's been difficult for you being separated from Amanda but I admire the effort you put into staying connected with your girl! I love watching your bond with LeAnne. She definitely adores her daddy! I pray this relationship will continue to grow and last a life time. You are the type of man I've always wanted for a husband & father for our children. I pray that our daughters too will find a man like you someday.... a long time from now of course. Thank-you John!

I can't wait to get a great big bear hug from my little brother today! I can't wait to see his smile & watch him be uncle to our nieces! I am so thankful for how close we were during our childhood. He helped me through a lot of rough days and boy did we have some fun times together. We never fought, well except for the summer of spatula and knives (no one was hurt..badly). I admire what a great husband he is to his wife. I know he will be an amazing daddy because of his fun, loving nature. It will be interesting to see his parenting style and see him turn to mush while holding his child. I am very proud of you little brother! Thank-you for being a great lil brother!

Here is a poem I like & a short video;

What Is A Dad?

A dad is someone who
wants to catch you before you fall
but instead picks you up,
brushes you off, and lets you try again.
A dad is someone who
wants to keep you from making mistakes
but instead lets you find your own way,
even though his heart breaks in silence
when you get hurt.
A dad is someone who
holds you when you cry,
scolds you when you break the rules,
shines with pride when you succeed,
and has faith in you even when you fail.
Dad, you're everything a dad should be and more...

Susan Ceylise


No comments: