The time has come for this mama bear to leave her den for a week. I will be attending a class for work at the state school for the blind. This class will help me to better understand my student's vision impairment, give me the opportunity to better understand what life is like with no or little sight, meet people in the same line of work and hopefully answer some questions I have about how to better equip my student to be successful. I really really hope to find out where I can buy large print children's books that are in color. It will be a great experience!
The toughest part is leaving my little girl. I have only ever left her overnight once, that was last summer. It's been a heart wrenching few days. I've been all over the map. One second I've found peace to cope, then I am so anxious I have to practice some deep breathing to catch my breath and then I am crying. I know she's in good hands. My mama will have her a lot because my husband is working nights. She loves her grandma so much and has spent a lot of time with her so I know she'll feel comfortable. It's just hard knowing I will be so far outa touch (5 hr drive) and outa control.
I would appreciate your prayers:
1. I pray that LeAnne is safe & well (her tummy has been icky today, not handling grapes well again, she's sensitive to sugars)
2. I pray that LeAnne rolls with the punches as her routine may change.
3. I pray that she gets good rest during naps & bedtime.
4. I pray that for stamina for my mama as she tries to keep up with our busy lil bee.
5. I pray for patience for my dear husband when he has LeAnne. He's a great daddy!
6. I pray that I would find peace, know God is in control ALL the time, that I will have a safe drive & not get lost, that I would relax, not worry, learn a lot, meet a lot of people and ENJOY this opportunity.
Thank-you very much! Oh yeah the other thing is that I will have no Internet access unless the school has one I can use. YIKES I might shrivel up. LOL! If you need to get a hold of me, call me on my cell or e-mail my hubby.
Have an amazing week!!