Thursday, October 30, 2008

1 year Dr apt and much more...




















LeAnne had her 1 year check up yesterday afternoon. She had so much fun playing with all the new toys at the Dr. She was one very very busy lil bee! She is 30.4 inches long, her head is 47.1 cm and she weighs 19 lbs 11 oz. She's a lil girl. We were surprised she didn't weigh more especially considering she was 18lbs 3oz at 9 months. We shouldn't be too surprised though as busy as she is. The doctor wasn't concerned at all and said she looks great physically & developmentally. She had a fluoride treatment on her teeth and 2 shots. Poor girl was none to happy the whole car ride home. I breaks my heart listening to her cry. We gave her some baby aspirin and she was better after having some dinner with us. She goes back to the Dr at 15 months and we need to get her into see a kids dentist before she is 2. Here are a few pictures from yesterday in the adorable outfit Amanda got for her this summer. She has her days where she is really attached to her binky and other days she only uses it for naps. I am not worried yet about her going to preschool with it. LOL!

Onto the next bit of news... I got the job with the Dixie school district! I will be a Para Professional, working with 1 first grade student who needs a full-time aide. My hours will be from 7:30am - 3pm. I start on Friday as a sub so my first official day is in November. I am excited yet reserved about the whole thing considering my last experience. I am nervous. I have to make this one work. Of course I'd love nothing more than to be a full-time stay at home mom but that's not something that can happen right now so this job really is a great compromise. I will only have a 20-30 minute commute depending on weather and such so I'll be home at a decent hour and still have time to spend with LeAnne. One of the most exciting things for me is that I will have a lot more days off and the summers off to be with our girl. Right now I am VERY excited I will be able to spend time with Amanda at Christmas! Depending on how we can stretch the $ I make and raises John may get I may not have to find a summer job. I really hope I can make a difference in these kids lives too! I love children! I would appreciate your prayers! I have lots going on today so must get moving. I'll keep my blog updated as I have time.

Here's a video message to her big sister Amanda --

No comments: